Friday, January 16, 2009

The cloth bags at Half Price Books are AWESOME!!!

Oh, and totally forgot to include this in an earlier blog after making a trip to Half Price Books.  We didn't have any of the cloth grocery bags that people are using now and really wanted some; we'd been making do with small bags that I had received at different teaching conferences.  When we walked in the doors, there on display were the Half Price Books version of the cloth bags; I loved them.  Yes, they are narrow and long, but they fit a ton at the grocery store...oh, and they are the perfect size for those really large rectangular packages of chicken legs, thighs, and wings (the ones that they put on sale for $1/lb); they sit in the bottom without having to be titled in any way.  So, of course I love the practicality, but that is not what made me fall in love initially.  They have slogans or sayings on them; we bought two different ones.  I now proudly state that I am a "Wild-Eyed Bibliomaniac" and tell others to "Get a Spine".  I hope those statements bring you as much laughter as they have brought and continue to bring me (yes, I am laughing as I write this)!

No comments: