Friday, January 23, 2009

Andy decided to come home on Fridays

This is a follow up to my last post.

After looking at his schedule and thinking about how much he would be gone from home, Andy decided to go to UTA 2 days a week and do work for the lab from home on Fridays.  YEA!!  So, now he'll only be staying with Doug and Correy 2 nights a week.  Thank you Sharkeys for putting him up!!  This makes his life slightly better.  According to the current schedule, each week he works 45 hours and does school stuff (class, homework, research, etc.) for 37 hours; this is without his drive time.  He starts every day at 4:30am and tries to be in bed before 9pm.  I know-it's awful!  I'll be happy for him when things calm down at the UTA lab so that he doesn't have to spend so much time on research and is able to have some real down time. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought my grad program sucked, but clearly, yours takes the prize. A prize I'm sure you really dont' want. Study hard and take time for yourself. It will fly by eventually. Hang in there and kick some UTA tail!

Stacey said...

Yea! I know, it is hard to be alone most of the time-- stuck in the house no less! We'll get through this though. I just have to keep in mind, like you said earlier, that it's for the betterment of his career and therefore our life together. I think that and having my parents in town is what's helping my thought process! Hang in there!