Thursday, July 30, 2009

Sheesh I'm tired

Once again I became fixated on something...unfortunately, Andy did too.  (sounds ominous doesn't it)

Andy has begun a new workout routine and diet.  The diet calls for him to eat a ton of protein every day.  So, we got a whole bunch of things that would provide that protein and not have him eat the same thing every day.  Translation: lots of cooking and therefore lots of cleaning.  

And somehow I ended up with several soup recipes to make too.  Well, we bought the ingredients for these recipes.  Now I need to make the soups before the fresh ingredients go bad.  I'm happy to make food for Andy, especially since I know he really enjoys them.  But why oh why did I set myself up for so much work...not smart Mary!  I'm a few days into the work and have a few days left.

Here's what I've made so far:
Black Bean Soup
15 Bean Soup
Many Bean Soup
Blueberry Soup
Peach Soup
Cucumber Soup
Cucumber Fresca
Cucumber Yogurt Dip
+ food for our daily consumption (aka dinner)

Here's what is still on my list to make:
Creamy Bell Pepper Soup
Watercress Potato Soup
Minestrone Soup
Mashed Potato Casserole
Peach Tomato Gazpacho
Italian Spinach Soup
Spicy Tomato Sauce for a breakfast dish

Crazy, I know!  I told you it was a lot of work.  Are you thinking "where is she going to put all of this food"?  I realized after the first soup or two that I really have to work on our freezer so that I can fit them all in there.  Yeah, that's a looming task too....  By the time I'm all finished, I imagine that one of our two freezers will be completely full of these soups.  I don't think that I'll have to make much else for his snacks.  I'll only have to worry about lunch and dinner; that's two out of his six meals...

No comments: